Friday, September 12, 2008

Dallas Zoo on a sunny day

Today was my day off, so we took Katelynn out of preschool and headed to the Dallas Zoo. We have been to the one in Fort Worth several times, but not this one. We had a great time and the kids loved it. Now we are exhausted, but happy to have another family day.

Brennon and I in front of the tortoises. They were huge!
Matt and Katelynn playing around.
The new sting ray exhibit was our favorite! It was just like Sea World where you get to feed them and pet them. Even Katelynn was brave enough to pet them. They were really friendly as you can see. This is how they would take the fish out of your hand. It kind of freaked me out, but Matt loved it.

Katelynn loved the elephants. She is getting so grown up and we are so proud of her that she now knows all her letters and their sounds and is starting to read. (Thanks to Matt, I don't have the patience)

Brennon loved the ottors. They were so close behind the glass.

5 comments:

Chris and Joy said...

Looks like you had such a fun family day! I love going to the zoo. Sarah and I along with a friend and her little one went to the zoo this week too. (I'm running behind on posting pics.) I really wanted to do the sting ray exhibit, but both kids were asleep and we couldn't take the stroller into the exhibit. Sarah was in animal heaven just like your little ones.

Stubbart said...

We haven't ever been to the Dallas Zoo! We love the FW one, and heard that it was way better than Dallas, so we never ventured out to that one, but maybe we better try it! Looks fun!

willmottfamily said...

Hey, we're thinking of you guys as we watch the storm come in... glad you are not in Houston... what's it like where you are?

Kristy said...

How fun! I love the zoo. I also can't believe how grown up Katelyn and Brennon are looking. You're right - Brennon is definately looking so much bigger. Cute cute kids.

Camp Dennis Est. 2006 said...

Neal and I had a blast at the zoo, he played hookie from work one day and we went together. I am still trying to get brave enough to take our troop. I don't think I will be able to keep up. The kiddos look adorable but then, when don't they?

Our family is always up for a great adventure and we are all kids at heart, so we wanted to share our adventures and moments with you! Enjoy!