So today Matt and I celebrate our 7 year anniversary. We have come to realize what 7 years and 3 kids does to your romance. Lets just say today was a day in the life of the Alva's. We woke up at 5:00am to the baby screaming and finally Matt took her out so Mom could get some much needed rest. Then on to a gourmet breakfast of cereal. After which mom fed the baby with two other kids climbing on her and chaos ensued for the rest of the morning. It now takes us 1 1/2 hours to get ready for church and we are all still pushing each other out the door. Church kept us busy with me teaching 13 11 year old girls and matt playing piano in primary, then we rushed home to feed baby and get our sunday dinner which consisted of leftovers. After keeping the kids from mauling baby and fighting with each other for a couple hours, they were rushed to bed and now I am keeping baby happy and multitasking while matt is on the phone and playing a game.
So although there is not much celebrating going on here, I feel so blessed to realize that it is all worth it because I have 3 beautiful, healthy kids and a husband that I know would do absolutely anything for me and loves me and his kids more than anything else in the world. And forget the 7 year itch because our marriage is stronger than ever before. Thanks for an amazing ride! Love you honey!
4 comments:
Happy Anniversary!! 7 years. Wowo!
Happy Anniversary you two! Too bad you didn't get some alone time. I think if it wasn't for our anniversary, Chris & I would never go out alone :/
I remember on our 5th anniversary, Sarah was exactly 2 weeks old. When Chris got dinner finished, she was ready to eat, so we got to enjoy our dinner with me nursing at the table while he cut my meat!
Happy Anniversary! Just remember, every year doesn't have to have a huge celebration to make it a special anniversary. We try to do a big celebration every 2 to 3 years and relax on the other year anniversaries:) Enjoy your sweet newborn!
These are the days huh :) ~ Happy anniversary!!!! Kids bring a lot of chaos and fun into the mix don't they!!!! But I don't even know what I would do without these sweet little angels that we are blessed with!!!!! Lotsa love!!!! xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment