Saturday, May 16, 2009

Our life lately

We have been very busy the last month. Even though Matt has been working a lot, we have fit in plenty of fun (you know us!). We just wanted to update everyone on what our family has been up to.

We had another murder mystery dinner and did a Texas western theme. We love how all our friends are always willing to play along and make it a blast!

We have had a lot of rain in Texas this month. So much one day that it created huge puddles on the golf course by our house. I was headed to the store and saw the puddles and ran home to grab the family to go run in them. There were some twice as deep, but our camera died.

The kids are so cute together lately. Katelynn lured Brennon into taking a "rest" with her on the couch.
Katelynn talked me into building a stable for her horses with her. Brennon thought it was a great fort for himself!
We also went to a drive in movie and let the kids overdose on sugar and stay up way too late, but it was worth it!

They also had a fun mini golf place at the drive in...


I redid the play room/waiting room area upstairs and had to show off my great finds. Most of this was from yard sales, including the shandelier($10).

2 comments:

Chris and Joy said...

You are always so busy having fun! I just don't see water puddles the same as you. I wish I did! It looks like you're having a great start to your summer. If it gets too hot for you in TX you're always welcome for a visit!

Kristy said...

Looks like some fun times with the Alva's as usual! I bet the puddle jumping was really fun.

Our family is always up for a great adventure and we are all kids at heart, so we wanted to share our adventures and moments with you! Enjoy!