Thursday, June 4, 2009

The last few weeks

Time has flown by and life has been busy. I have tried to fit in work and play. Yesterday I enjoyed a lunch with my old friends from cosmo school. They are so fun, I miss seeing them every day.
I have also been doing a lot of hair and I love it! Last weekend I did the bride and her bridesmaids for a wedding. It was so fun to be a part of her big day!

We have also been hanging out at the pool with friends. We are so lucky to have so many great pools here in Lantana. This was taken Memorial day with several other families from our ward.
I have also been baking, as always. I've decided I love to bake. However, I am not the best at it, so I feel like each time I do I work on perfecting the recipe. Katelynn asked to make a pie with me and I decided to do a Martha Stewart apple pie and took the time to learn about making the perfect crust and actually took the extra time to do it right (love the internet). It made a huge difference. This was definitely the best pie I've ever made. It was soft and a little chewy, not too flaky, and a crust you actually want to eat. Now I only wish I was this excited about cooking. I think I need to take a class or something to learn more about cooking too.

We took the kids to Chuck E Cheese and let them ride their first roller coaster. As you can see, they loved it!
Our ward had a pancake breakfast. They did such a great job honoring the veterens and then cooking up some great cakes! They even sported chef hats!

Brennon was so hungry, he went after the butter! Love 2 year olds!
And I always have to throw in my favorite picture of the kids this month...

5 comments:

Kristy said...

That is such a great post! I want to comment on every picture - but I won't;) Just a couple - the bride's hair was GORgeous and the kids are just too cute. I so relate to being a baker and not a cook. I wish it was the other way around since I mostly make really yummy desserts and that's not good for the waist line. If you were still here I would definately take a class with you but that pie looks delish!

Justin & Erin Linton Family said...

What a fun post. I Loved all that you are doing.. For some reason it is still hard for me to imagine you doing hair. I only imagine all of our mud wrestling.. my how you have changed :) That hair looks great. We took the kids to Chuck E Cheese while they worked on the car. That ride was fun!!! They had so much fun there!!

Kimball said...

Cute pictures! Yeah we're going to be in Utah for a bit over a week. Tentatively the 13th - 22nd of June. We'll see you guys there :)

Chris and Joy said...

You two always have so much fun! I like the new pic at the top of you blog too! I think that best describes the Alva Family.
You and I were suppose to take a cooking/baking class together. I so wish we did! I love to cook and bake. I like precise measurements and details. Everything you need to like when baking. We always eat well when we get together. Let's get to planning some fun time together!

Melissa said...

What a fun post. I love your picture of the dirt bikes, that looked like a fun time.
Man Cherise! You are really talented at hair, the brides hair looks beautiful!
I love the pic of Katelyn and Zoe,
I hardly recognized Zoe, they are both getting so big!

Our family is always up for a great adventure and we are all kids at heart, so we wanted to share our adventures and moments with you! Enjoy!