So Katelynn has had so much trouble sleeping in her room lately. I wanted to see if others have had similar experiences with their little ones. She begs to sleep anywhere except her room. We tried to take her room away for a few days and told her to sleep in the guest room and she still would rather sleep there. Every morning we find her down sleeping on the couch or she comes down in the middle of the night and begs to sleep in the chair by our bed. She would rather sleep anywhere else and I can't figure it out. Any suggestions?? There is always something to deal with isn't there...
P.S. I just went upstairs and asked Katelynn why she doesn't like her room and here was her reply:
"Because I don't like my room purple, I like PINK!" (I think there is more to it than that, but I'm still not repainting it to find out)
8 years ago
10 comments:
Since I still have a little girl who seems to wander into our room every night I have no advice. I completely hear you on this one and hoping to find some good suggestions through your blog readers...we have tried everything!
That is so crazy, Hudson slept in my bed for his first 2 and a half years of life, so I think he was ready to have his "big boy" bed. There are some really good books out there. I just read Good Night Sleep Tight, it has advice for all ages (so you only have to read the chapter that fits their age). Good luck!!!
I have no helpful suggestions other than I'm sure it's not the color purple's fault. She loves purple. Who's she trying to kid? Hopefully someone gives you a helpful suggestion or you figure out a solution soon.
Hey, as long as she isn't crawling into bed with you, I say let her do it! She'll get sick of the couch sooner or later!
My idea is to try a reward system with her if you haven't tried that yet. If she is in to stickers or small toys maybe she could have one if she stays in her bed all night. Or you could do a sticker each night she stays in bed and then gets to go to Chuckee Cheese after 7 stickers. Hope something works for you!
Ok so I just remembered something one of my friends told me a long time ago so I tried it tonight cuz Hudson was having a hard time going to sleep. Give her a flashlight and let her look all over the room. I thought Hudson would never turn it off and go to sleep, but after about 10 min he was out. I have also taken his favorite toy if he keeps coming out. That seems to work too.
I read this a couple of hours ago, and before I had a chance to respond got distracted. Then tonight, for the first time, Katelin really really wanted to go to sleep in our room (without us). She had a little fit, but we managed to convince her for tonight. Maybe this weekend we can exchange tips on bedtime tricks that have worked. We're excited to see you!!
This may not work... but try hanging something big, a cute photo/cartoon character, that is pink on the wall. May a pink dolly or stuffed animal in bed at night. Does she have a nightlight? Maybe one or two PINK lights would help or just MAYBE A PINK BEDSPREAD & SHEETS. Matt always had to have his 'matted', LOL, teddy bear every night~ now we're going too far, Grandma!
I am glad your little girl likes pink and not black like someone else we all know when she was little:)
Emmi struggled with sleeping in her room so we started playing soothing church songs at night and if she gets up or whatever we turn the CD player off. It doesn't always work, but sometimes it works too well. Like when she wakes up at 4 in the morning complaining because she wants the music back on. Good luck.
I am so glad I read your blog because we are going through a similar thing with Parker. He refuses to sleep in his bed, but is happy to sleep on the floor next to the bed. And over the past couple days he's decided the couch is better. I don't get it either, and it's a bit frustrating trying to make breakfast quietly while he sleeps in the living room. I'm hoping it's a phase he grows out of soon!
Post a Comment